Friday, May 30, 2014

Reflecting on My Fourth Year

On the eve of my 5th birthday, I thought I'd take a minute, as is now tradition, to reflect on a few life lessons I've learned this year.
  1. Sleepovers Are Awesome!:  Not only did I have my very first sleepover last spring, but I also got to participate in three additional ones.  First that little stray dog that Sister took in stayed over, then my pal Ralphie spent the night, then my bff Mecki stayed the weekend, then my man Ralphie spent another night!  And, despite sometimes having to give up the use of my pillow to my house guest (as any good host would do), I had a fun and spectacular time with each!  Who knows what this next year will bring.
  2. Hide Your Antlers Well:  Be warned:  the simple act of a host finishing the picked over and abandoned remains of a house guest's breakfast apparently warrants said house guest to round up the host's collection of abandoned antlers and chew on them. 
  3. Pizzas Don't Come From the Store:  This was quite the eye opener for me.  For most of my life I was under the mistaken impression that pizzas simply arrived at the front door, ready-made, and encased in a cardboard box.  Boy, was I wrong!  Who would have thought that a slice of pizza could grow on a seemingly ordinary evergreen tree?  I wonder if I can expect a new crop next year.
  4. Don't Chip the Paint:  The luster of a black nose is not solid through and through.  It is merely a veneer covering a bright pink center.

No comments:

Post a Comment