Sunday, August 23, 2015

Guest Blogger: Betsy Ross

Sister did a horrible thing to me yesterday.  She went to the doggy toy store (AKA the pet store) and did not buy me a brand new toy.  But wait, it gets worse!  While she was there, she bought the hamster, Betsy Ross, a toy!  Now don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone a new toy, but why would Sister neglect to bring me home a new plush animal to gut or a loud obnoxious squeaker toy that drowns out the television when she was already at the store buying the hamster a mini hamster ball?  It's just not right.

Anyway, Betsy Ross really seemed to like her hamster ball.  In fact, she enjoyed it so much that she a) didn't seem to notice me barking hysterically at her while she explored the "Land of No" for the first time and b) requested that she be given the opportunity to share her joy with all my loyal readers as a guest blogger.  Since I'm such a sharing dog, I said yes to her request.

So, without further ado...Betsy Ross!

A Hammy Takes On The World

Hello!  My name is Betsy Ross and I'm a dwarf hamster.  I'm a little over one year old.  My favorite hobbies are eating food, begging for food, stockpiling food, and doing nose dives off the top of my water bottle.  I've had one successful (although brief) escape attempt, but I love my little house.  I especially love the penthouse suite on the top of my cage and the loop-de-loop tubing on the ground level.  My cage also has a little shelf.  I like jumping off of it.  That's also where I do my best begging for food.  Mom and Grams say I beg worse than Rigby.  They always give me treats like peanuts, sunflower seeds, and dried apples.  When I was a little baby hammy, I used to do loop-de-loops on my wheel.  My record was five loops before being thrown across the cage.  That was a lot of fun.  Sometimes I still do loop-de-loops on my wheel (when I'm not running on the outside of it).  I also like shredding tissues.  I'm so ferocious when I'm shredding tissues that Mom says I have anger issues and Grams cringes in fear.

Yesterday Mom bought me a little plastic ball.  I climbed in it as soon as she put it in my cage.  Then she closed the lid and put me on the floor.  I started running.  It was a lot of fun.  I bumped into a lot of things, but soon I got the hang of it.  After a couple of minutes I was steering like a pro.  I explored the entire room.  I rolled under the table.  I rolled into the piano.  I rolled into and out of corners.  I also bumped into Mom a few times.  Each time I did she picked me up and said nice things to me.  She said I was a good and smart hammy.  Mom is very smart for noticing.

Rigby barked at me while I was exploring.  He wanted to play.  But he's really big and I'm really small.  Mom built a barricade by the door to keep me safe.  Sometimes I bumped into the barricade.

Here's a video of me my exploring after Rigby went outside.


Mom thought I'd be tired after exploring.  She was wrong.  I was up all night.  I ate food, I stockpiled food, and I did nose dives off the top of my water bottle.  I did not beg for food because Mom was sleeping.  I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment