Friday, September 18, 2015

Two Letters


Dear Ralphie's Mom,

Ralphie Stew
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for the yummy stew you sent me.  I got a spoonful of it yesterday when Sister came home from class and a couple of scoops mixed in with both my breakfast and dinner today.  And do you know what?  Ralphie's right.  The orange stuff is particularly tasty.  Oh!  And I mustn't forget the chicken!  How did you know that chicken (along with quail, duck, and turkey) is my favorite type of poultry?

My First Taste
Which leads me to the question:  Are you free to cater all my meals?  You see, after sampling your stew, I came to the realization that the catering crew that I currently employ (mainly Ma, Pa, and Sister) are severely lacking in their collective cooking skills.  Don't get me wrong, the kibble they serve me is tasty and I certainly wouldn't turn my snout up at it, but it isn't chicken.  And I realize and appreciate that Ma, Pa, and Sister do try to spice up my meals with pureed pumpkin and something they call "gravy" but, once again, what they're serving me isn't chicken.

So anyway, the offer stands.  I'll be waiting for your response by my dinner bowl.

Love always,
Rigby


Ralphie Tested & Ralphie Approved
Dear Ralphie,

My compliments on your excellent choice of sponsorship.  Your "Ralphie Tested...Ralphie Approved Stew" was delicious!

Your leaning buddy,
Rigby.

No comments:

Post a Comment