Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Spring Dog Days at Old Wesbury Gardens

Smiling
Last weekend, my bff Mecki, Mecki's mom, Sister, and I went to Old Westbury Gardens (AKA my estate) for their bi-annual Dog Days celebration and oh boy was it fun!  Mecki and I:
  • squabbled over who was going to lead the pack on the walk
  • bunked noses with lots of dogs (I'm always amazed at how many cousins--AKA Golden Retrievers--I meet on these walks) and had our ears scratched by a lot of humans
  • forcibly dragged our slow two legged family members around behind us
  • threatened to jump into the lake to steal fish food (okay, that was me, but Mecki would have approved had I done so)
  • tangled our humans up in our leashes
  • walked in and out of the giant dog houses (log cabins) multiple times 
  • slobbered all over everyone with our drinking water soaked beards (Mecki) and jowls (me)
  • ate a lot of snacks
Annoyed (or Sneezing)
And speaking of snacks, why is it that Mecki's mom always shows up with a bag full of nice tasty human treats like carrots and apples while Sister only shows up with a bag full of dry flavorless dog cookies (not that I would ever turn my snout up at them)?  Obviously Sister doesn't shop in the right supermarkets.

So anyway, a good time was had by all (and we all slept well following the adventure).

No comments:

Post a Comment