Friday, May 26, 2017

Evolution

In the beginning, I slept on the cold, hard floor.  


That is until I discovered my pillow which was much softer.


Then I discovered the comforts of the human bed.  


Always looking for a better option, I tried out a hammock, but I don't think I was using it right.


And I tried Pa's chair, but I didn't have enough room to stretch out (plus he kept kicking me off).


So, I moved on to the couch (even though it was against the rules).


After months of negotiations, a compromise was made.  I could sleep on the couch, provided a sheet was put down to protect the upholstery (I was insulted, but I got over it quickly).  Ma would share the couch with me.  I had my end and she had her's.


But then one day, my end of the couch seemed a little less fluffy.  Kind of like the cushion was overused.  Taking into account all my previous experiments, I decided that there was only one logical thing to do:  I moved over to Ma's end of the couch.


It was much fluffier.

No comments:

Post a Comment