Monday, July 24, 2017

Christmas In July

I was born for air conditioning.  I was made for lounging in a 69 degree room while the rest of the world sweltered in 90+ degree heat.  Sadly, however, I was adopted by a family who had limited air conditioning potential in their home.  Sure, I could lounge in the air conditioned bedroom at night when everyone was home and on really hot days the bedroom air conditioner would be turned on full tilt and all extraneous rooms closed off in a pitiful attempt to cool the house while my humans were at work, but other than that, I had to rely on marginally cool hardwood floors and the "rinse, roll in the mud, and repeat" technique associated with the doggy swimming pool.

More Mud!  I Need More Mud!

That is, I had to make do until today.  You see, Christmas came early for me in the form of a living room air conditioner.

Gloriously Cool Air!

From this day forward, whenever there is a sweltering heatwave, you will find me lounging on my end of the couch (conveniently located immediately next to the air conditioner) cool as a cucumber.  All I can say is:  It's about time!

Nice and Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment