Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Belated Christmas Roundup

For those not living in the Long Island area, the temperature outside pretty much plummeted over the last few weeks.  Heck, we even had a major blizzard complete with two-foot-tall snow drifts (for all those wondering, I am not a fan of two foot tall snow drifts).  But what's more telling when it comes to how cold it’s been is the following photo.


As you can see, I am laying on the couch wearing my stylish green sweater.  I had just returned from a morning walk with Pa and it was so cold outside that I downright refused to let anyone take my sweater off of me once I came in.  And let me tell you, I was nice and roasty-toasty comfy-cozy in my sweater all curled up on the couch.  That is, I was until Sister decided to use me as a muff to warm her ice-cold hands.

But I'm not here to harp endlessly about my stylish green sweater or how cold Sister's hands are (if she weren't standing upright at the time I would have sworn that she had died).  No, I'm here to give my yearly Christmas roundup (even if it's been a couple weeks since the actual day).

Christmas was kind of weird this year.  Santa arrived on time, but the usual Christmas festivities were postponed twice due to illness (not mine).  I was okay with it though.  Eventually, the family got together on New Year’s Day and celebrated with the usual array of food, laughter, belly rubs, and presents and, as bad as it sounds, I love it when my family stays home sick because it means that we get to spend the entire day snoozing in bed or on the couch.  What a wonderful life it is!

Toys from Santa
A toy from Dixie
Anyway, like I said, Santa arrived on time and I was obviously such a good boy this year that he told a number of my friends.  From Santa I got a stylish new collar, a new Bill (“Oh nooooo!”) toy, a giant tennis ball, and a plush football.  From Ma and Pa I got a new antler.  From Sister I got a giant plush worm toy (as Sister explained “all toys I buy him ultimately turn into a worm once he rips off all the limbs...might as well start with one”).  Aunt B got me a crunchy gummy log.  Dixie and her family got me a couple of Mini Meckis and a Lamb Chop toy.  Dianne got me a giant Christmas cookie.  What a haul, right?

So merry Christmas, happy New Year, and thank you to all my friends and family.  And remember, don’t let anyone take away your cozy green sweater.

Atop a snowdrift

No comments:

Post a Comment