Monday, January 15, 2024

Vincent van Rigby

My loyal readers know that I am a pup with many talents.  I maintain this blog, I’m Head of Security, I shred large things into smaller things, and I can hear (and respond) to a car door slamming three blocks away.  My loyal readers also know of my love for Bob Ross.  Well, I’m happy to report that I have added a new talent to my repertoire and it was inspired by Bob, himself. 

I am now an artist! 

Before I continue, allow me to take a step back. 

Sister spends a lot of time watching videos of cute dogs doing adorable things.  Normally, I am quite offended by this behavior as everyone knows that I’m the cutest and most adorable dog and that she should be spending her time doing more productive things like jotting down my inner most thoughts for you, my readers.  Anyway, every once in a while, she does come upon an interesting video with an interesting idea and her most recent discovery was one of those instances.  Even still, I will admit that I was a bit hesitant as I watched Sister bring all her art supplies down into the living room. 

With a glint in her eye, Sister set up all her acrylic paint bottles in a row on the living room floor and called me over.  Obligingly, I slipped and slided my way over to her (I’ve got an uncanny ability to find and snooze on the single one-foot by one-foot square space on the floor not covered by an area rug which therefore results in getting up with all four feet facing in the same direction something of a challenge) and observed the bottles.  There were colors everywhere: dark grey, medium grey, light grey and everything in between!  Sister encouraged me to come over and pick out my favorites.  Carefully I sniffed the bottles and zeroed in on one particularly pretty grey.  I picked it up in mouth and took a step in the direction of running off with it.  Sister tackled me and wrenched the bottle from my mouth with a “good boy! Now pick another one!”  I sniffed some more and found another grey to my liking.  I picked it up, Sister tackled me, and, again, pulled the bottle out of my mouth.  “Okay, keep going,” she said.  Again and again, I picked until I got bored with the remaining greys and started to walk away.  Sister grabbed my collar and told me that I had picked out four colors: black, forest green, teal, and brown.  I looked up at her kindly thinking “those are some pretty weird names for the color grey.” 

Sister scooped up all the bottles of paint then scurried away with the four I had chosen.  I, on the other hand, decided to take a nap. 

A few minutes later, I was awoken by the nutty smell of peanut butter wafting in from the dining room.  With great interest and a rumbling belly, I make my way into the room just in time for Sister to present me with a strangely shaped and yummy smelling item. 

Turns out, while I was asleep, Sister squirted a canvas with the four paints I had chosen and covered it with plastic wrap.  Next, she coated the plastic wrap with a layer of peanut butter.  My job was to lap up the peanut butter and, in the process, smear the paint around the canvas.  She had me at “lap up the peanut butter.”

So, I did my artistic duty and licked away at the nutty goodness.  By the time it was gone, I had created the following masterpiece. 

 

This one, Bob, is dedicated to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment