Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Just Beyond My Reach

Have you ever had one of those days?  You know, one of those days where nothing goes your way and you wonder why you even bothered to get up off your pillow?  Well, yesterday was that type of day for me.

It should have been a much better day than it ultimately was.  Sister was off, so she and I got to sleep in late (Sister and I enjoy having contests to see who can sleep in the longest--I'm winning).  Then she took me for a nice walk to the park and gave me a cookie when I obligingly agreed to come back inside the house.  And then, just when I thought my day couldn't get any better, Sister gave me my lunch time squeaker toy.

I love my lunch time squeaker toy.  It is a near perfect toy.  It has an obnoxious squeaker, a gummy texture, and is nearly indestructible.  The only thing keeping it from being 100% perfect is the fact that it does not taste like bacon.

Anyway, everything was going great when all of a sudden, this happened:


That's right, my squeaker toy rolled under the couch.

But it didn't end there!  Sister retrieved my toy for me, but it promptly rolled back under the couch again and again and again.  It was on the fifth retrieval that Sister finally had the bright idea of using couch pillows as bumpers to keep my toy within reach.  But even that didn't solve all my problems. You see, every time I got comfortable, this happened:


And you know what?  Sister was less than sympathetic this time about me not being able to reach my toy.  She told me that I should just...this is so hard to say...get up and get the toy myself.

Talk about a bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment