Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pick Pocketing

My faithful readers know that I have many hobbies.  I rip things, I shred things, I gnaw on things, and I eat things.  And in order to accomplish the aforementioned hobbies, I have to participate in another favorite hobby of mine:  stealing things.

Now, there are many ways of stealing the items I plan on ripping, shredding, gnawing, and eating.  I can pick the item up when someone unknowingly drops it on the floor, casually pull the item out of someone's hand when they are distracted, stretch and crane my neck and pull the item off the table or counter, or jump up on the table, chair, counter, or bed and blatantly steal it.  But the most entertaining way of obtaining my heart's desires is by pick pocketing.

Ma is the best person to pick pocket from because she has a habit of leaving her pocketbook open and unattended at snout height.  All I have to do is casually walk up to it, stick my snout in, and go shopping.  Couldn't be easier!  And what a treasure trove her pocketbook is:  leathery wallets (tastes and smells like rawhide chew toys), fluffy tissues (used ones are best), pens (love the crunching sound they make when I gnaw on them), and, my personal favorite, eye glass cases.  Why do I love stealing eye glass cases so much?  Well...
  1. Being hollow, they have a satisfying amount of give when I flex my jaw muscles.
  2. Being made of a plastic material, they have a satisfying crunch when I finally puncture the case with my teeth.
  3. Being the housing structure for fragile and expensive glasses, there is a satisfying level of panic issued from my family when they see I have them clenched firmly in my jaw.
There are times, however, when Ma forgets how much I enjoy pick pocketing and neglects to leave her bag open for me to browse through.  Lucky for me, I'm a clever dog.  If I can't pilfer through the bag, I'll just grab the whole kit and caboodle and carry it off instead.  I call it pick pocketing to the extreme!

No comments:

Post a Comment