Thursday, January 22, 2015

Breed Standards

Sister said something really insulting to me today.  She said that there are times that I am a disgrace to my breed.

Needless to say, I was shocked (and a little bit hurt...I might have to chew up another pair of her shoes later today).  How could I be a disgrace to my breed when I can...
  • effortlessly strike a show dog quality pose (especially impressive when I face into a gentle breeze).
  • execute a whole host of tricks from adorable ("say your prayers" in which I put my head down on my paws) to humorous ("BANG!" in which I drop to the ground and play dead) to agility driven ("eights" in which I do figure eights between someone's legs).
  • make someone laugh with my zany antics and fun loving attitude.
  • comfort someone who is having a bad day by offering them my belly to rub.
  • stun someone with my devilishly handsome good looks (sparkling brown eyes, shimmering gold coat, and dimples--actual dimples--when I smile).
Sister couldn't help but agree that, in many, ways I am a perfect example of my breed, however, she continued to insist that her previous statement was still valid.  And to prove its validity, she showed me the following picture:


Okay, fine, I admit it--all the dimples, tricks, and poses in the world wouldn't be able to negate the fact that I had a giant string of drool wrapped around my snout.  So much for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment