Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rigby M.D.

Over the course of my life, I've had numerous bumps, scrapes, tummy troubles, and general bouts of feeling blah (usually brought on by the anesthesia used to calm me down so that someone could treat my countless bumps and scrapes).  And every time I wasn't feeling well or was hurt, my family was there to take care of me--scratching my ears, rubbing my belly, and sitting with me on the floor.

Well, this week I got to return the favor.  You see, Sister was home sick with a cold and I made it my personal mission to show her the same support and excellent bedside manner that she (and the rest of my family) has shown me in the past.

Here's some of the stuff I did for Sister:

  • I kept her warm by curling up next to her in bed while she slept or watched television.  Every once in a while, to show my support and sympathy, I either rest my head on her stomach or give her hand a kiss.
  • I made sure she didn't over exert herself when she tried to get some homework done between sneezing fits by inserting myself in between her and her laptop and refusing to move.
  • I didn't take offense when she sneezed on me (though one sudden sneezing fit woke me up from a dead sleep and I might have glared angrily at her for a brief second before remembering why I was there).
  • I periodically checked the garbage can she was placing used tissues in to see if it needed emptying.  At one point, I tried emptying the can myself by grabbing a mouthful of tissues, but Sister, out of the blue, pounced on me and made me spit them out.  It's okay though, I don't blame her for her actions.  Her head was all foggy with cold medicine.
  • I repeatedly checked in with her during the evening, regardless of whether she was awake or sleeping, by resting my head on her chair's armrest and staring up at her with my big brown eyes while wagging my tail.
  • I kept quiet and barked only when I really, really, really, really needed to go out.

Yessiree, Sister is one lucky girl to have a brother like me to look after her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment