Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Photographic Proof

Sister and I have had this argument before.  She insists that I'm a bed hog and I think she just doesn't want to share with her sweet little baby brother.  In the past, there has never been a way to definitively prove which one of us was telling the truth (though we all know that I am beyond trustworthy and Sister has shifty eyes); it's always been a he said she said situation.  Last night, however, that changed.  I now have photographic evidence that proves, without a doubt, that I am in no way a bed hog.  Consider the following image:


This was taken at 12:30am when Sister decided that it was time for bed (I had already been snoozing for a good hour having claimed my spot early in the evening).  As the picture clearly shows, there is a good eleven or twelve inches of mattress on either side of me--more than enough room for Sister to squeeze in.  And please note that she also has access to the blankets in both sides, so she can't complain about being cold!

But she did complain (and not about being cold...her complaint was about the lack of room) and do you know what she did?  She moved me out of her way!  First, however, she had to wait until I rolled back onto my side (I learned early on that if I'm on my back no one can lift or move me--and believe me I've use this to my benefit many a time).  Once I had finally flipped over, she started shimmying me over toward one side of the bed, first by moving my front half a few inches, then my back half, and then my front half again (yeah, it's as undignified as it sounds).  Sometimes I sleep right through this process, but on this particular night I got up, jumped off the bed, and stalked off to find another place to sleep.

So tell me, who is being selfish here?

No comments:

Post a Comment