Wednesday, June 17, 2015

There Was a Dog Rigby Who Swallowed A Moth...

The following is from an e-mail that Sister sent to Ma and Pa after spending one recent lunch hour with me:
Subject:  Sonny Boy.
Your son caught and ate a giant moth today at lunch. Aren't you proud?!

It goes without saying that I was not particularly fond of Sister's tone.  Regardless, the statement (minus, of course, the sarcasm) was one hundred percent correct.  I did catch a moth and I did eventually eat it.  And you know what?  I'd even go so far as to say that I was kind of proud of myself for my accomplishment.  After all, it's not every day that a pup, even a world class athlete such as myself, can say that he:
  1. stealthfully tracked a moth as it fluttered about the backyard.
  2. skillfully caught said moth.
  3. gently carried the moth around in his mouth without crushing it (with his teeth) or drowning it (in his drool).
  4. playfully engaged in a game of "Whack a Moth" (which, incidentally, is where I believe the moth obtained its fatal concussion---apparently moths aren't cut out for being thwacked repeated over the head with a large furry paw).
Now I know what you're thinking.  You're asking yourselves:  "But why did he ultimately eat the moth?"  Honestly, I don't know.  It just seemed like the right thing to do at the time.  I will say, however, that the moth didn't taste particularly good; it was a bit on the dry and chalky side.  That being said, would I do it again?  Of course I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment