Thursday, October 29, 2015

Angel Rigby

"Don't blink.  Don't even blink.  Blink and you're dead.  They are fast.  Faster than you can believe.  Don't turn your back.  Don't look away.  And don't blink.  Good luck."  -Doctor Who, Blink.
My family has christened me with a brand new nickname.  I am now known as a Weeping Angel.

For those of you who are not Doctor Who fans (a new favorite show of mine--I'm particularly fond of the little robot dog named K-9), allow me to explain what Weeping Angels are.  Weeping Angels are an alien species that resemble human sized stone statues with wings.  They remain stationary when being watched, however, as soon as they are no longer being observed, they come alive and, aided by their remarkable speed (they can cover great distances in the time it takes to blink), attack. 

Now here's is how I fit in.

When I'm given a toy (as I was yesterday evening by Pa) and someone monitors me closely, the toy has a pretty good chance of surviving at least my initial spurt of play energy.  However, if I'm left on my own--if someone turns their back on me for even one second--I immediate find a weak spot (an appendage or a seam) and start ripping the toy apart.  Just as the Weeping Angels attack in a blink of an eye, so do I.

So, a word of advice to my family:  "Don't blink."

No comments:

Post a Comment