Friday, June 10, 2016

An Ode to Kibble

I mentioned in an earlier post that my recurrent tummy troubles recently resulted in my family switching me over from the dog food I had eaten since the day I graduated from puppy chow to a new brand that I found to be even tastier.  I'm afraid that I might have undersold my appreciation and love for this new food in that post and therefore I would like to rectify it now.

But before I do, I just want to say that I have never had any complaints about my previous brand of dog food.  I ate it twice a day every day without fail and enjoyed every morsel of it with or without the occasional addition of pumpkin, steak, carrots, and rice.  In fact, I'd happily eat it now if a bowl of it were put in front of me.

But, like I said, now I'm served something I like even more.  It smells yummier and tastes even better than it smells (my family has even commented on how delicious it smells...hopefully they won't decide to start sampling it)!  In fact, it is so lip-smacking good that I'm finding it more and more difficult to mind my manners when breakfast and dinner are served.  You see, with the old food, I was trained to sit about a foot away from my bowl and wait for the "okay" from whoever was serving me to dive in and start eating.  Now, every day, I find myself inching a little closer to the bowl.  I predict that soon my family will have no choice but to pour the food directly into my open mouth while I sit in my food bowl's spot.

I do, however, have one complaint about my new food:  the quantity.  I know for a fact that the bag says that I should be getting way more food than I'm actually being given.  And to make matters worse, my family has actually slightly decreased my daily allotment of kibble from one cup twice a day to about 3/4 of a cup twice a day (in their defense they do make up for the 1/4 cup difference with yummy pumpkin which Ma actually warms up in the microwave for me).  But still, what gives?

Me and My Birthday Present
And speaking of food, I'd like to thank my bff Mecki and his little brother Bastille for the yummy birthday cookies they gave me for my birthday.  Sister is limiting me to one cookie a day, but if it were up to me, I'd eat the whole bag right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment