Saturday, November 12, 2022

I Hate Weekends

I am a worker-dog.  For the last three years I have acted as Administrative Assistant for everyone in the family, attended countless meetings, and personally closed more than a few deals.  I am a company dog also.  I have given co-workers the stink eye when they've returned from lunch three minutes late and I've gone out of my way to make sure that everyone takes their daily required "coffee breaks."  I know the words "wanna go to work?" and I eagerly follow anyone and everyone into the back room in hopes of getting a few hours of overtime in.  Deadlines must be met!

But when no one's working because of some feeble excuse like "it's the weekend" or "it's a national holiday" or "it's vacation," well, let's just say, I don't like it one bit.  And to show my displeasure, I camp out in the empty home office and giving everyone who passes by a disapproving stare.

Now get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment