Friday, April 20, 2012

The Definition of the Word "Fun"

"You're going to have a lot of fun this weekend!" my sister told me this morning.

File this under
"Fun at the dog's expense"

Frankly, statements like that really make me nervous.  I've discovered that there are two types of fun:  fun at the dog's expense and fun that the dog will actually find fun.  Events that fall into the "fun at the dog's expense" category include baths, training sessions, and performing tricks that make me look stupid.  The category "fun that the dog will actually find fun" includes car rides and playing with (and sometimes destroying) things that don't belong to me like clothing, newspapers, and shoes.  My family doesn't really understand my idea of fun--if they did they wouldn't yell at me each time I grab the toilet paper or shred the mail (the act of shredding things is particularly pleasing to me).

I wonder which category of fun this weekend has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment