Sunday, March 31, 2019

Stumpy Strikes Again!

I left Sister in charge of the house this weekend while I spent a couple of relaxing days out east with Ma and Pa.  I told her to periodically check the perimeters.  I told her to keep the squirrels, bunnies, and other assorted interlopers at bay while I was out.  It was a simple request.  She should have had no trouble following through.

That said, I came home to this:


Stumpy, that stupid little half-squirrel half-rabbit freak, had struck again and this time he left a pizza crust on my window sill.

Now, I know what you, my loyal readers are thinking.  You’re thinking, “Hey, that was a really nervy thing for Stumpy to do, but maybe that means that the pizza tree* is flowering again.  Maybe he’s doing you a favor.”  Well, I checked and there are no other pizza crusts on the pizza tree so either Stumpy took the only slice or the remains on my window sill are his take-out leftovers.

Any way you slice it, it just goes to show that good security help is hard to find.

 
* For all my new fans out there, click here to read about the famous (and delicious) pizza tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment