Monday, September 24, 2012

Home Sweet Home

On Saturday my family took me out east again to my vacation home.  I had a lot of fun; the air was crisp and Sister, who is starting to understand that I deserve more than 2/3 of the car's backseat on the ride out there, has begun squishing closer and closer up against the car's side door to provide me with more leg room.

Here's some of the stuff I did while visiting my house:
  • I searched for my Ken doll's leg only to be told by my Sister that the kids next door must have taken it back because it wasn't where I left it.
  • I barked at the next door neighbors in hopes that they would return my Ken doll's leg.
  • I helped the oil heater guy when he came in to inspect the system (I made sure I was smack dab in the middle of whatever he was trying to do--I'm so helpful).
  • I barked at the Sleepy's delivery guys because they wouldn't let me test out the beds (I'm quite the connoisseur you know).
  • I searched for moles (I don't know what moles are, but apparently we have them in the backyard and seeing that I am Head of Security, I need to look into the threat).
  • I stuck my head out of the dining room window when Pa removed the screen so it could be cleaned (Sister held firmly onto my leash so that I wouldn't try jumping out of the two story window--I guess I'll never live down the jumping out of a moving vehicle stunt I pulled last year).
  • I watched the Golden Retriever two doors down roll around on his back in a sunny section of his yard (I'm hoping we can play together in the backyard when Ma and Pa install a fence).
  • I helped Sister clean a room by stealing the roll of paper towels she was using followed by the entire bottle of Windex.
Needless to say, with all this activity, I was quite exhausted by the end of the day.  It is very difficult, don't you know, to keep track of three people and get sufficient naps in.

Still, despite all the fun I had, I kept getting this nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right.  In fact, I was so troubled by the feeling that when Ma asked if I was ready to go home at the end of the day I jumped up, grabbed my leash, and ran for the door as though I'm not a fan of the new house (which is so not true).  It was on the ride home, between naps, that it finally dawned on me!  I'm not 100% comfortable in the new house because there is only one bowl--my water bowl!  I'm staying in a house with no supper bowl!  I really need to talk to my humans about this.  What happens if we're stranded there?  What am I going to eat from?  No wonder I'm so troubled!

No comments:

Post a Comment