Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Back to Normal

Smile!
Now that I've gotten power and Internet service back and my family is in a much better mood, I've decided to resume my hobby of causing trouble.  I was slightly concerned that, given how long it's been, I would need to practice getting into mischief before I reached my pre-storm standards; brush up on my skills.  Well, it has been a few days now and, according to Sister, I shouldn't have worried about losing my gift.  I guess it's kind of like rolling over on command, once you learn it you can never unlearn it (though you can always refuse to do it because it annoys your humans).

Here is some of the mischief I've caused over the last few days:
  • While Sister cleaned and put away the fans for the winter, I walked off with...
    • the Windex spray bottle twice
    • the roll of paper towels three times
    • a used piece paper towel once (I ate some of it)
    • three screwdrivers numerous times
    • the foot of the floor fan
    • pieces of cardboard from the box she was trying to store the fans in (I ate a couple of pieces; it was really chewy).
  • While Ma cleaned the bathroom I walked off with...
    • one hand towel
  • While Pa, Ma, and Sister ate dinner I walked off with...
    • the dishtowel
  • While Sister tidied the back room (formally known as the "Land of No" a place where everything I wasn't supposed to get a hold of was kept behind a baby gate) I walked off with...
    • Sister's sneakers
    • a bag of spring loaded curtain rods (I didn't get far with them because they made a scary noise)
    • a receipt (I ate the corner of it when Sister tried to wrestle it away from me)
  • While Sister folded the newly washed laundry I walked off with...
    • two pairs of socks (nice thick ones)
    • one of Pa's shirts 
  • While Pa, Ma, and Sister tried to catch up on their favorite television shows and Sister crocheted I attempted to steal Sister's...
    • ball of yarn
    • scissors
    • pencil

Taking a well earned nap
Sister says I've been so troublesome lately that I'm lucky I'm cute (cute?!-ruggedly handsome is more like it) otherwise no one would tolerate me.  To that I say:  "Thank you!"  It's always nice when someone acknowledges your hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment