Monday, April 29, 2013

Old and New Friends

Paint On My Ear
I'm covered in paint.  Actually, to be more precise, I am covered in linen colored paint.  I have it all over my right ear and down my right side.  I think I even have some in my tail.  Now, you might ask, why am I covered in linen colored paint?  And the answer:  It is a result of having way too much fun Sunday morning and being so completely exhausted by the afternoon that I did not realize where I was laying.  Let me explain.

I sensed something was up as soon as Sister stumbled down the stairs a full two hours before her normal Sunday morning waking hour and I knew something was up when she started packing my travel bag with cookies, newspaper, and my water bowl.  I was going on a trip!

After a twenty minute car ride, Ma, Sister, and I pulled up in front of a place I had never been before:  it wasn't the house out east, it wasn't my Old Westbury Gardens Estate or Sagamore Hill or Sands Point, and it wasn't, thankfully, the vet's office (don't get me wrong, I like visiting Doctor Friedman, but I really hate it when he tries squirting medicine up my nose).  On Ma's command, I jumped out of the car and looked up and down the street.  It was then I saw it:  a small rat-like animal on a leash.  Mecki!  Dragging Sister behind me, I lunged toward my bff and bunked noses with him.  Then, I realized Mecki and I weren't alone.  There were two other dogs on leashes, a big black Giant Schnauzer and a medium sized gray Standard Schnauzer.

Tink and I Hangin' Out
I immediately recognized the Giant Schnauzer.  It was my friend Tinkerbell (known as Tink) who I haven't seen since our play date at my house in the spring of 2010.  The Standard was her Sister (Tink has a four legged Sister) Zee Zee.  After bunking noses with Tink and Zee, I turned my attention to the humans holding my buddies' leashes.  First I said hello to Mecki's Dad Andre, then Tink and Zee's Mom and Dad Faye and Doug, and finally I scurried over to Karin and checked her for cookies (Karin always has something tasty in her pockets).

Tink, Zee, and I
After all the hellos were said and a couple of cookies mooched, we all walked into Tink and Zee's backyard.  It was then that our leashes came off and the fun began.

Mecki and Tink
We chased each other all over the backyard:  through the bushes, around the pool, and to and from the water bowls.  Tink and I boxed like we did a couple of years ago then spent a fair portion of the rest of the time getting each other soaking wet from the water we were storing in our beards (her) and jowls (me).  Zee and I tussled for a little while and Mecki scuttled around eating all the dog biscuits that Tink and Zee had been hiding away for the last few weeks.

Watching the Fun
After playing for over an hour and a half, it was time to go home (but first we walked around the corner as a pack to visit a house with a whole herd of dachshunds--I won't lie, it was a bit disturbing).  Although I did not nap while Sister drove Ma and I home, I did lounge in the back seat comfortably while Ma scratched my back.

Once at home, Ma decided that she was going to spend the rest of the day painting the living room walls.  Unfortunately, she failed to inform me of this decision so when I, thoroughly exhausted, curled up in my usual spot by the front door, I brushed against the fresh paint, coating my beautiful blonde locks.  Ma made a face at me, but honestly I was just too tired to care.  Not to mention, people pay big bucks for faux finishes and I just created one for free.  You're welcome Ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment