Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Roundup 2013

Christmas 2013
It’s a good thing Christmas comes only once a year; I’m not sure I could handle it occurring every month or so. Think about it from my standpoint. I spend an awful large amount of energy in the months, weeks, and days leading up to Christmas just trying to be on my best behavior (after all, you never know when Santa is checking in to see if you’ve been good). But that’s not even taking Christmas Eve and Day into account! Christmas Eve at my house culminates late at night with a special viewing of “A Christmas Carol” and a smorgasbord of tasty snacks including cheese and crackers. Christmas Day, on the other paw, includes a visit from Aunt B and the excitement of my family suddenly taking a page from my book and ripping brightly colored paper to shreds. Believe you me, this type of activity takes a lot out of a dog!

Lookin' Stylish
Won't You Be My Neighbor?
Anyway, I got a lot of cool stuff this Christmas including a long limbed pink pig from my friends Tink and Zee Zee (I’ve already managed to rip the ear off and pull out its head stuffing—it is currently drying so Sister can sew it up again), a small red stuffed Christmas tree that Santa left in my stocking, and homemade dog treats baked by Mecki’s mom (cheese and rosemary flavored—yum!). And I mustn’t forget about my brand new stylish green cable knit turtleneck sweater! Sister says that I kind of look like Fred Rogers (from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood) when I have it on, but I know that it will come in really handy when Pa takes me on my early morning walks this winter.

But do you know what? I haven’t even received half of my gifts! I’ve noticed that there is a suspicious bulge in the foot of my Christmas stocking, Mecki’s present to me is trapped in the Land of No, I’ve heard Ma and Pa talk of a ‘Ronnie the Rhino’ in the trunk of the car (I have no idea what a ‘Ronnie the Rhino’ is), and Sister’s gift to me is sitting on the entertainment center fully wrapped (it smells a lot like a replacement lunchtime squeaker toy which is good seeing that Ma threw out my old squeaker toy because I had spent the last couple of weeks ripping off chunks until it was half its size). My family says that I will get the rest of my presents later; that I should pace myself and save a couple of toys for a rainy day. That’s all well and good, but I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that that isn’t their only motive. I think they’re holding my presents hostage to ensure good behavior on my part.

Oh well, I guess a few more days of good behavior won’t hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment