Friday, December 13, 2013

He Says, She Says

As much as I love my family, they have a tendency to exaggerate some of my antics.  Now, this wouldn't be bad if their stories made me out to be some sort of super hero dog, but, inevitably, I come off looking like the fool when they tell a tale.  I do my best to counteract their stories through this blog, but, and I know this is hard to believe, not everyone they tell their stories to are aware that I share my side of the same event here.

Below is a story that, depending on who you talk to, paints me in two very different lights.  Which is true, you ask?  Well, I guess that's up to you, the reader, to decide.  But allow me to take a moment to remind you that my trustworthiness is right up there with "Honest Abe" Lincoln and "I-Cannot-Tell-A-Lie" George Washington.

According to Me:
It was the middle of the night and I was sleeping quite comfortably on Sister's bed.  I really enjoy sleeping on Sister's bed in the winter because she always has a rather large collection of fluffy sheets, blankets, and comforters to snuggle up in.  Anyway, there I was minding my own business, having happy squirrel chasing dreams, when all of a sudden I was awoken by a sudden and violent shutter from alongside me.  Startled, I jumped off the bed and turned around just in time to see Sister sit up and look at me with a bewildered look on her face (I mean, she always has a bit of a bewildered look on her face, but this time it was an especially bewildered look).  Sister gasped and asked "are you okay?"  I looked up at her with concern and gave my tail a gentle wag of encouragement.  She then patted the spot where I had previously been sleeping and gave me the "up, up, up" command.  With another cautionary wag of my tail, I hoisted myself back up onto the bed, circled in place twice, and laid down.  Sister gave me a pat on the head then fell fast asleep.  I waited a few moments just to make sure Sister was alright, then I too closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

According to Sister:
It was the middle of the night and I was once again hogging all the blankets and all the available space on Sister's bed (already you can tell this is a lie).  Sister, meanwhile, was fast asleep hanging on for dear life to the small corner of the bed I had allotted her.  Suddenly, Sister was awoken by a rustling on my end of the bed and sat up just in time to watch me tumble off the bed and land, awkwardly, on the floor.  Sister gasped and asked "are you okay?" while I looked up at her with a stunned look on my face which eventually evolved into a look of complete embarrassment.  With a "nobody saw that, right?" wag of my tail, I accepted Sister's invitation to climb back "up, up, up" onto the bed, carefully circled in place twice, and curled up in a ball.  Sister gave me a reassuring pat on the head and went back to sleep.

So...who's telling the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment