Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Insurance

The Christmas season is one of my favorite times of the year; there is a certain crispness to the air (which is a big relief after a long hot summer), some days you wake up to the snow on the ground, a giant tree is tackled and dragged inside (I love wrestling), nice smelling (and tasting) food is cooked, and dozens of decorations are distributed throughout the house (and some are displayed at reachable, and therefore steal-able, heights).

But there is a particular hazard that arrives with the Christmas season:  Santa Claus.  You see, Santa, when he's not sewing up plush toys and casting rubber squeaker toys, spends a fair portion of his time checking in on all the pups throughout the world to see if they have been naughty or nice.  Unfortunately, it appears that there is a very thin line between naughty and mischievous.

As my loyal readers know, I am, overall, an angel of a pup, but the way I see it, it never hurts to ramp up the niceties just in case fun gets the better of good.  Call it insurance.  And who was the lucky recipient of my attention?  Pa (I know, what a lucky guy)!


Yep, that's right...I'm helping Pa water the Christmas tree.  Now, I'm pretty sure that the picture does not require any explanation, but just in case my actions and motives are not entirely clear, allow me to explain:

I am spotting for Pa.  You see, by choosing the spot that I did, I am in the perfect position to instantly realize if Pa needs assistance (you know, should the tree suddenly turn the tables and attack him).  Also, I have the perfect view of any vacating squirrels who might have taken up residence in the tree while it was living at the Christmas tree farm (though I'm pretty sure the 65 mile per hour ride home with the tree strapped to the roof of the car would have sent those squirrels packing a long time ago).

So, in closing:  You are very welcome Pa.  And Santa...I hope you saw this!

No comments:

Post a Comment