Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Bad Belly


I had a belly ache this week; actually, it was worse, I had a stomach virus.  I’m feeling better now, but let’s just say that this virus came with all the ugliness that usually accompanies such an ailment (don’t worry, I promise not to go into graphic detail).

As anyone who has had a stomach virus would know, this week wasn’t all that great for me.  Aside from feeling ill (which is bad enough on its own), I was cheated out of all treats (no cheese, no ice cream, no peanut butter, no leftover Easter pie, and no big Milkbone cookies), I spent most of Monday night and Tuesday morning outside in distress rather than sleeping, I was not allowed to be unsupervised in certain rooms of the house—mainly those with carpets, and Sister’s room upstairs was totally off-limits (Sister said it was because it was too far a trek, in the event of an emergency, from her bed to the side door, but I think she just wanted the bed to herself).

But you know what?  Some good came out of my stomach virus (I’m very much a dinner bowl half full type of dog, even though, now that I think about it, my dinner bowl is never filled to the level I’d like—such as overflowing).  My family was really sympathetic and kind to me when I felt sick:  Ma stayed up late with me on Monday night when I felt really bad and went into work late on Tuesday to make sure I was okay, Pa took me to the park at odd hours when I needed a change of scenery, and Sister made me rice for my kibble and played “No Mess In Here” every time she came home from work (what can I say…I love that game).  And I mustn’t forget about all the gentle belly rubs everyone gave me whenever I asked.

But like I said, I’m feeling much better now.  My energy level is up (I barked at every person who walked by my house today), I’m actively looking for trouble again (I stole a pair of freshly washed socks this evening), and I spent last night sprawled out on Sister’s bed.  Yep, everything’s good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment