Saturday, April 19, 2014

You Look Different

I'm a bit of a control freak; I don't like it when things change without my permission.  That's why, whenever a new decoration appears at home (such as a stuffed bear wearing a Santa suit or a threatening greeting card) or a room's layout changes (my pillow or food container moves), I devote myself to sounding the alarm the only way I know how:  by barking.

Sometimes, however, I find myself at a loss for words when it comes to change and yesterday was one of those days.

Believe Me, the Resemblance is Great
Yesterday, Sister left the house looking like she normally does:  big puffy frizzy hair and long bangs that bear a striking resemblance to my bff Mecki's eyebrows.  An hour and a half later, someone who resembled Sister returned sporting slightly shorter hair that was blown dry straight and bangs trimmed in a way that I could actually see her eyes underneath.

Now it goes without saying that I was slightly taken aback by this change.  This person who walked through the door kind of looked like Sister, was wearing the same clothes that Sister was wearing when I last saw her, and sounded like Sister, but I just couldn't be 100% sure (identity theft, after all, is a major problem these days).

Remembering my position as Head of Security, I, cautiously, approached this Sister look-alike, reared up on my hind legs and placed my front paws on her chest.  Then I leaned forward (I'm not ashamed to say I took a little stretch in the process) and sniffed the hair draped over her left shoulder and then the hair draped over her right shoulder.

The shampoo and the hairstyle were different, but it was undeniably Sister.

I jumped down off of Sister and wagged my tail in greeting.  Then Sister leaned over, gave my snout a kiss, and scratched my ears.

Yep, definitely my Sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment