Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Plethora of Pillows


I have the best Pa in the whole wide world.  “What makes him the best?” you might ask.  Did he make me my very own steak dinner last night?  No, that would make him the best Pa in the entire universe.  Did he rub my belly after dinner?  Of course, but that’s part of the nightly agreement.  My Pa is the best in the world because he went to the store and bought me a brand new pillow.

My New Pillow
I must admit that I have quite the collection of pillows.  I might even be considered a pillow connoisseur.  I have one in the living room (square with stylish stripes), one in Ma and Pa’s room (round, tuffet-like, tan and green), one in Sister’s room (an orthopedic square one which I rarely use because, let’s face it, if you’re given the choice between a pillow on the floor or a nice soft bed, the bed always wins out), and one out east (round and tan).

It is the pillow out east that this new pillow (round, tuffet-like, pale blue and gray) is supposed to replace.  You see, the old one is kind of falling apart:  the stuffing has gone flat, the cover is wearing thin, and the zipper has had to be sewn shut because someone keeps gnawing on it (not me, I swear...I blame the mole that lives in the backyard).

Old & New in Living Room
Old & New in Bed Room
But there's one major problem with replacing the old pillow with the new one:  I've kind of taken a liking to the new pillow living here at home.  Every evening, I whine and cry and bark until someone drags the new pillow out of Ma and Pa's room and into the living room.  And then, every night, when it's time to go to bed, I whine and cry and bark until someone drags it back into the bedroom (where I sleep on it for a little while before high-tailing it upstairs to Sister's bed).  Sometimes, I even whine and cry and bark until my new pillow is dragged into the kitchen when my family eats their dinner.

Now, I love my humans, don't get me wrong, but they can be such complainers.  You see, this influx of pillows has made life difficult for them; apparently, they find it very annoying to maneuver through the living room and bedroom when multiple pillows are present.  They also say that it makes each room way to small and claustrophobic.  I disagree.  I think it makes both rooms nice and cozy.  After all, who wouldn't want to be surrounded by fluffy pillows?

No comments:

Post a Comment