Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Way Too Excited

I'm very excitable by nature.  Sometimes, however, I become too excited.

It all started when a large box was delivered to our door by the mailman.  When Sister dragged it into the house I was a little afraid (large things moving can be scary you know), but I overcame my fear when I noticed the wafting smell of dinner coming from it and proceeded to sniff the box all over as my tail wagged around and around in circles.  Later, when Pa came home from work, he opened the box and I discovered that my sniffer was correct.  There were two bags of kibble in that box and they were both for me--whoo hoo!  Pa opened the first bag, hoisted it on his shoulder, and began to pour it into the tin in which my food is kept.  Spotting my opportunity, I quickly slithered in, jammed my snout into the stream of kibble falling from the bag, and began eating as quickly as I could knowing full well that Pa couldn't keep the kibble off the floor and me out of the kibble stream at the same time.  Sister got a video of my windfall and here it is: 

Later in the evening, my family noticed that I was very restless and figured that if there was any chance of them watching that big glowing box in the living room in peace, they'd have to occupy me with something.  Pa knew the perfect thing and went into the basement to retrieve it.  I followed attentively and was overjoyed when Pa emerged from the basement with an old towel for me to lay on and something that smelled really really good.  I raced into the living room and tried to help Pa lay the towel out on the ground by grabbing it in my teeth and pulling.  Apparently, Pa didn't find this very helpful; he gave me a stern "No" and told me to sit down.  After Pa finished laying down the towel, he placed a brand new rawhide bone on it and told me to "take."  I scurried over, grabbed the bone and started chewing immediately.  Then I started rolling on my back.  Then I started yanking on the loose pieces of rawhide.  Then I started the whole process over again.  As much fun as I was having, I eventually started to become overwhelmed with my new bone--I just didn't know what I should do next.  I became so overwhelmed with excitement that eventually all I could do was stare at my rawhide bone and cry piteously.  Because I seemed to be in distress and obviously not enjoying myself any longer, Ma came and took my bone away saying that I could have it again the next day.  It might sound weird, but I was really kind of grateful she took it from me--I wouldn't want to waste a perfectly good rawhide on a day when I wasn't able to fully enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment