Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where's the Beef?

Today I learned that things aren't always what they seem.

Shortly after Sister left for work this afternoon, I began to feel a bit peckish.  I knew that it was at least a couple of hours before my dinnertime, so I decided to take matters into my own paws.  I scanned the kitchen counter tops and dining room table searching for the perfect snack.  It was then I saw it:  a bag of hamburger buns resting on the server in the dining room.

I knew this job wasn't going to be easy.  You see, the table and the kitchen counters are positioned in such a way that accessing items left too close to the edge is relatively easy.  The server is a bit trickier.  There are numerous obstacles to overcome if I want something off of that surface including a potted plant and the coffee machine.  Anyway, after sizing up the situation, I cautiously approached the server, grabbed hold of the bag with my front teeth, and scurried into the living room.

Of course, just because I got the bag didn't mean I was home free; I still had to get into the bag (and in a timely manner of course--not only was I hungry but my humans could potentially return home from work at any moment).  Wasting little time, I quickly tore into the bag throwing shreds of plastic and that little square plastic clip used to keep the bag closed to either side of me.  Finally, my efforts were rewarded; the hamburger rolls were free.  Salivating, I took a big bite. 

(A word of caution:  The next part of my story is truly terrifying.  Those with weak stomachs may wish to stop reading now).

There weren't any hamburgers!  The bag was filled only with rolls!  Talk about false advertising!  Nowhere on that bag did it say that the hamburgers were not included.  In fact, the bag actually had a picture of a hamburger on it with all the fixings.  Which begs the question:  Where were my hamburgers?  You know, if I hadn't shredded the contact us information on the bag, I would write a strongly worded letter to that bakery.

Ultimately, I ate the rolls, but I wasn't happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment